The ecosystem of alpine innovation is home to many traditional SMEs that tend to be hostile or unable to change and adopt state-of-the-art ideas to improve their business. In addition, there are many start-ups with high innovation potential, which often have little experience and reduced access to established channels. Finally, there are also public and private actors who support enterprises through a range of services, but which are often fragmented, redundant, territorially limited and related to often only one field of knowledge (innovation, digitalization, internationalization or access to finance).
BE-READI ALPS intends to contribute to the enhancement of the innovative and digital fabric of the Alpine space, designing and testing initiatives to develop an Alpine living lab that stimulates traditional SMEs to launch a “second life”, through the creation of value chains extended at interregional level.
BE-READI ALPS aims to define, test and model an AS innovative supporting system showing is possible both to drive mature SMEs business model’s shift and to upscale the Alpine innovation ecosystem
How it means to achieve it
- Design a set of toolkits and cooperation protocols to extend the services offered by BSOs
- Piloting of basic and advanced services for companies
- A series of interactive and innovative transnational events
In total, about 500 companies are expected to be involved in the pilot actions and about 50 new projects launched by local companies with the support of BE-READI ALPS are expected to be promoted. Further results will be the release of an accreditation methodology to better qualify business support organizations and enhance their transnational cooperation, the creation of a package of business mentoring services and the development of a White Paper suggesting strategic and concrete actions to improve the innovative development of enterprises.
By 2030 BE-READI Points all over the Alpine Space will give concrete and coherent support to mature SMEs, taking into consideration their innovation, financial and internationalization needs.
What it values
- Building a culture of innovation to make sure that the corporate culture actually encourages innovative behavior, instead of stifling it, in open collaboration with other regions;
- Open Innovation, Crowdsourcing and Idea Management;
- Lean Innovation Management;
- Design Thinking;
- Portfolio Management: the goal is to balance innovation Programs, change initiatives and business-as-usual while optimizing resource usage, risk and return on investment.
10/12/2020 DIGITH-ON : Online event on the development and implementation of new production processes and functions using digitalization technologies, increasing efficiency of production and industry in general, development of ICT products/processes/solutions.